How to save a Word Document as an Image
Sometimes, it is more convenient to send a Word document as an image to easily access and open it on any device. However, it’s not just a one click trick. It is a process.
There are different methods you can use to change Word documents into images as you will see below.
Method 1: Using Paste Special
This method works only if the document in question is only a page long.
- To select the entire page, press Ctrl + A on your keyboard.
- Then, press Ctrl + C to copy the selected text.
- Alternatively, you can right-click the selected text.
- MS Word will display a contextual menu.
- From it, choose ‘Copy.’
- Open a brand-new document. To do this, select ‘File’ on the ribbon and choose ‘New’ or ‘Blank Document.’
- Right-click anywhere in the new document.
- From the contextual menu, click ‘Paste Special.’
- Select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) and click OK. Now, in the Word document, the image will be pasted.
- Again, right-click on the content, and choose ‘Save as picture.’
- Under ‘File Name,’ give it a title.
- From the ‘Save As Picture’ option, choose jpeg.
The one-paged document is now saved as a picture on your device.
Method 2: Converting Word documents into PDFs then images
MS Word now lets you convert Word documents into PDFs that are much simpler to convert into images.
- Open the Word document you want to convert into a PDF.
- On the ribbon, go to ‘File.’
- From the backstage view, choose ‘Save As.’
- Choose ‘Browse.’
- Doing this opens up a window with the folders on your device.
- Select a folder where your PDF will be saved.
- Under file name, name your document.
- Under ‘Save as type,’ select ‘PDF.’
- Now, go to the Microsoft store and download the PDF to JPEG app.
- Once the app is downloaded, open it.
- From the options, choose ‘Select file.’
- A window with the folders on your device will appear. Open the folder where you stored the PDF and select it.
- Next, select a folder where you will save your JPEG.
- Finally, click ‘Convert.’
- Your PDF is now saved as an image.
This method is beneficial if you want to convert more than one page in a document into images.
Method 3: Using online converters
- Go to the Word to JPEG website
- Click ‘Upload files.’
- The site will open a window with the folders on your device.
- Select the folder with the PDF and click ‘Open.’
- The site will begin to download the file.
- Once the download is complete, you can see it on your toolbar as a ZIP archive.
Are group projects a constant frustration because of sending edited versions of documents back and forth?
Group work does not have to be a headache anymore. Do you want to open one file and just edit it with your colleagues but virtually?
Simul Docs is the solution for you.
The first step is downloading Simul Docs then you can get started.
After writing your first draft in Microsoft Word, upload it to Simul Docs. This will automatically make it the first version. Now, another colleague can open it and make their edits. This will create another version different from the first.
Whenever another person opens a version and makes edits, a new version is created with the latest changes.
Sometimes, you might be in a rush and forget to turn on tracked changes so your modifications can be updated. Simul Docs automatically records these edits regardless of your online or offline status.
Since it is a collaboration, a bonus feature is the ability to add comments to the document.
Additionally, you and your groupmates can work on the document at the same time. Simul Docs keeps each version separately.
Let us say another co-worker is supposed to include their input, but they do not have Simul Docs. All you have to do is download the document or forward it by email. Alternatively, you can upload it to any storage software like one drive, and once their changes have been made, they can forward it to you once again, and you can open it in Simul Docs.
Once all the necessary edits have been made, you can save the final version containing all the modifications with one click.
You and your groupmates can work on the same document from the comfort of your homes or workplaces.
Simul is the most convenient collaborative tool yet. Centralising your written project avoids mishaps like losing your work or losing its original format.
Visit simuldocs.com and simplify group edits today.
Get Started For Free
It's free to collaborate on 1 document, and paid plans start at just $15 per month.