Abstractor Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for an Abstractor who will be responsible for searching titles (both full searches and tacking to existing policies), preparing preliminary and final title opinions, summarizing title exceptions, and working with clients, title companies, surveyors, and institutional lenders on all aspects of title review.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Abstracts documents on title orders within company guidelines to determine the condition of the title and insurability of the property.
- Performing basic title searches, verifying, reviewing, and compiling information including but not limited to geographic information, property surveys and legal descriptions, title orders, customer information, ownership histories, physical address, etc. which involves the return of a set of documents reflecting the history of a property.
- Updates title and judgment searches and ensures timely processing of abstract documents.
- Answers questions and inquiries regarding the process, procedures, and transactions, as needed.
- Submits details for the examination of the title and provides updates to appropriate parties.
- Utilizes various documents, files, websites, and title search software. –
- Recommends and advises management on process improvement and impact of change and leads initiatives to improve processes and services/products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of [insert number] years’ experience with commercial real estate transactions is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely organized with the ability to work under stringent deadlines and manage projects independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]