Assistant General Counsel Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for an Assistant General Counsel to work closely with the business team and develop policies, practices, and guidelines concerning state, federal, and international compliance with laws and regulations.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiate contracts and advise on all types of commercial matters
- Counseling senior management and providing business advice at the advanced level
- Identifies and analyzes legal issues, drafts key documents, presents clear recommendations to top management, and assures legal compliance.
- May manage attorneys in several legal specializations including tax, litigation, acquisitions, IP, etc.
- Proactively identify legal matters that require attention
- Develop practical solutions and communicate the same to the legal department’s business clients, including senior directors and Vice Presidents
- Prepares and/or reviews contracts involving various substantive areas of law: including commercial, real estate; employment-related documents.
- Represent the organization in various state and federal regulatory actions.
- Assist in the company’s acquisition activity (primarily due diligence)
- Legal research and prepare memos addressed to senior management
- Enhance the effectiveness of the legal department through the participation in staff meetings’, training, and the positive interaction with internal and external clients
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) Degree from an accredited law school and member of a state Bar, preferably [insert name of city], in good standing
[insert number] years of relevant experience in a medium to a large law firm and/or corporate legal department
- Providing legal guidance to quality control functions
- Significant litigation experience on product liability and commercial matters
- Experience counseling Human Resource department on [insert name of country] labor law matters
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]