Claims Attorney Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Claims Attorney to provide ethical, objective, and timely legal advice to other members of counsel and Claims partners on first-party claims, coverage matters, and/or liability defense claims coverage matters.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with internal counsel in conjunction with claims to strategize, implement, and manage litigation cases, including trial and expense control.
- Integral role in identifying, evaluating, and analyzing coverage issues with the ability to determine legal strategies and positions, while also providing advice on potential outcomes.
- Planning, taking, and defending depositions and examinations under oath, in coordination with internal counsel and claims.
- Preparing and responding to pleadings and discovery.
- Travel to attend motion hearings, arbitration hearings, and all other pre-trial matters
- Drafting and arguing post-trial motions and appeals.
- Negotiating high-level settlement agreements.
- JD required from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice, and in good standing, with [insert state] State Bar.
- Minimum of [insert number] years as an attorney handling matters involving insurance policies, coverage disputes, and litigation.
- Experience independently managing a caseload of complex insurance coverage and defense matters, working cases from beginning to end.
- Excellent research, writing, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to think critically, analyze complex information, and problem-solve with expedience.
- Highly collaborative working style with demonstrated commitments to meeting individual and team goals.
- Strong customer service skills, the ability to collaborate with business partners to identify and implement solutions to complex business and legal challenges.
- Must be adaptable and computer savvy with an ability to navigate multiple systems.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]