Compliance Counsel Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful company specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Compliance Counsel to serve as the primary point person for a company’s ethics and compliance program, ensuring that the company exercises due diligence and sound internal controls to operate with integrity and protect against legal risk.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Examine and draft employment, real estate, and vendor contracts.
- Maintaining knowledge of organizations’ operations and legal documents.
- Lead negotiations and management of customer contracts, insurance matters, and employee relations.
- Ensure legal compliance as pertains to regulations.
- Oversee compliance with corporate governance.
- Conducting legal research and reviewing the company’s litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Participate in the creation of company policies relating to compliance issues.
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
- Liaising with outside counsel regarding their assignments.
- Creating new entities and managing an organization’s intellectual property.
- Law degree from accredited law school.
- [Insert number] years of practice as a Compliance Counsel.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft products, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]
Free Compliance Counsel Job Description for Microsoft Word
Download this free compliance counsel job description as a Word document to help you find a qualified candidate to join your team