Contracts Manager Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Contracts Manager to work collaboratively with other members of the legal team locally and globally to ensure best-in-class, seamless support to our client.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides responses to bids, proposals, and contract negotiations.
- Prepares requests for proposals for distribution to vendors.
- Develops a set of standard contracts for the company.
- Analyzes all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that contracts are executed in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Conducts research prior to writing contracts.
- Audits existing contracts and oversees contract modifications.
- Analyzes a contract’s risk to the business.
- Visits client sites and meets with business partners.
- Monitors the performance of each signed contract.
- Ensures that business goals are accomplished by contract implementation.
- Trains and supervises other contract professionals.
- Communicates contract implementations to subordinates.
- Maintains a computer database for the company’s contract management system.
- Conducts analysis of new laws, regulations, and contract trends to determine the potential impact on the business.
- Coordinates with the finance department to ensure correct billing and collection of contractual revenues.
- Ensures that contracts are in line with corporate goals and objectives.
- Leads complex contract negotiations and manages all changes in and addendums to existing contracts.
- Identifies potential improvements to existing policies.
- Prepares reports on the status of contracts for management.
- Conducts special projects as assigned.
- Negotiates and oversees leasing agreements.
- Draft and revise a variety of contracts with customers
- Ensure the organization’s internal contract documents are accurate and well maintained
- Meet with customers to discuss both legal and business matters
- Provide advice and guidance to the different teams relating to contract generation
- Maintain excellent working relationships with clients to ensure their needs are met
- Create, prepare, review and edit all contracts
- Provide support and advice on new potential businesses opportunities
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and devise plans to implement these changes
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of legal terminology
- Comfortable working as part of a multidimensional team
- Exemplify strong attention to detail
- Possesses superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting deadlines
- Must have strong computer skills and knowledge of common programs such as Microsoft
- Office and G Suite
- Previous experience working with contract regulations the related laws is strongly preferred
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of professionally managing confidential information
- Exemplify creative problem-solving abilities
- Must have earned a Juris Doctor degree / Bachelor’s Degree in Law;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Advanced proficiency in contracts drafting and legal review
- Strong customer-centric focus and able to interact with high-level stakeholders and legal teams
- Proficiency in analytical & presentation Skills
- Advanced proficiency in contract negotiation skills
- Proactive & persuasive relationship with client stakeholders
- Basic exposure to document management and contracting applications
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]