Corporate Counsel Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Corporate Counsel to advise on issues like contracts, property interests, collective bargaining agreements, government regulations, and patents.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating company contracts, requests for proposals, and other legal documents
- Consulting with management, commercial advisors, tax experts, accountants, and marketing staff
- Negotiating and drafting contractual agreements, such as real estate leases, and advising on employment matters
- Developing the organization’s policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance, or regulatory affairs
- The candidate’s role will include the negotiation and drafting of contracts, including, customer and supplier agreements; master supply agreements, non-disclosure agreements; joint development agreements; licensing agreements, and employment contracts.
- Responsible for certain corporate and transaction matters, including capital markets and commercial transactions. Work with business partners throughout the company on a wide variety of corporate and commercial matters.
- The candidate will join the corporate/commercial team and will interact with and support various groups across the company, with a primary focus on securities, corporate governance, and equity issues.
- The candidate should have [insert number] years of experience in the [insert industry] industry drafting and negotiating all manner of contracts
- Graduate from a top-tier law school. Member in good standing with the [insert city] Bar.
[insert number] years relevant corporate transactional experience at a top-tier law firm and/or in-house.
- Experience with deals in capital markets and/or debt finance. Experience working with high-growth and/or technology companies. Superb oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and efficient.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]