Court Messenger Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Court Messenger to support a team of fast-paced lawyers in a busy, exciting environment. The ideal candidate is highly client service oriented and provides quality and efficient legal secretarial and administrative support to a team of attorneys, specialists, and paralegals.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handle the logistics of physical communications within the office, or with its external participants.
- Pick up and deliver documents and packages that are often time-sensitive.
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail and packages to ensure that they reach the recipients that they are intended for
- Wrap, seal, affix postage and dispatch all outgoing mail in accordance with postal guidelines
- Handle items for distribution to clients, employees, and affiliates by ensuring that their integrity remains intact
- Operate facsimile machines and send and receive facsimiles upon instructions
- Comprehend orders for transporting legal documents between offices or to clients and ensure that all documents are properly packed before they are delivered
- Operate vehicles (motorbikes or cars) to deliver documents to intended recipients by first charting out short and safe routes
- Ascertain that receipts are obtained after each delivery and maintain communications with the office to provide status reports
- Log all outgoing and incoming items in logbooks and review them for accuracy and completeness
- Pick mail, pouches, and packages from external agents and ensure that they are delivered to the right recipient within the office
- Perform court filings for designated cases and ensure that appropriate follow up is conducted in a timely manner
- Create and maintain records of daily deliveries or visits in the mail registry book and vehicle logs
- Expert proficiency with the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) applications.
- Knowledge of billing functions is a plus
- Must work well independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work under deadlines, time pressures, and a generally high level of demand.
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect the ability to seamlessly perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external
- Partners, Attorneys, staff, and clients.
- The ability to communicate both orally and in written communications effectively and accurately.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]