Court Specialist Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Court Specialist to perform a variety of criminal justice and corrections duties related to Pretrial Release, Pretrial Supervision, Classifications, Inmate Workers, Work Release, Time Computation, and State Offenders.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for interviewing detainees to obtain detailed information, verifying alleged offenses committed by detainees, communicating with various agencies and officials as well as family, friends, and employers of detainees
- Utilize law enforcement databases; prepare a variety of related documents to include establishing and maintaining files
- Serves as an officer of the court in various hearings and is required to testify in court
- Work involves managing and coordinating housing assignments and inmate labor jobs according to risk, for inmates confined to Detention Facility
- Supervise defendants charged with felonies; misdemeanors, traffic or petty offenses that are placed in a Court Services program while in custody and when released pending court deposition
- Ability to closely monitor and report the compliance or non-compliance of defendants when conducting field site checks and substance abuse testing through urinalysis
- Extensive contact with Judicial and law enforcement officials, Public Defenders, Private Attorneys,
- Parole Officers, the general public, defendants under the supervision, and incarcerated individuals is required.
- Work requires general clerical tasks, extensive computer entry into local and state systems.
- Tracking county, community, and state inmates.
- Collecting genetic testing buccal swab samples as mandated by state statute.
- Interview newly arrested inmate for Pretrial Release, Supervised Release, Classifications, Inmate
- Worker and Work Release consideration
- Review, verify and approve client/inmate to work release, inmate worker programs as well as housing assignments
- Maintain accurate records of the current population and inmate status
- Provide background information, criminal history, and recommendations to the court, district attorney, and defense attorney for advice concerning the bond
- Record and prepare daily statistics for Department of Corrections Backlog, Parole Violators,
- Community Placement and Community Corrections, relating to inmate status.
- Prepare general correspondence for judicial and law enforcement review regarding inmate status.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree or vocational-technical training with major coursework in criminal justice, criminology, corrections, social services, or related field, or
- [insert number] years of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities
- Knowledge of criminal justice and corrections duties related to Pretrial Services, Classifications, and offender sentencing
- Familiar with the operation of a personal computer and software application to perform word processing, database, and spreadsheet projects
- Be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of Federal, State laws and statutes applicable to various aspects of the job including corrections, the criminal justice system, and law enforcement
- Comfortable with one-on-one contact with inmates while conducting interviews, performing case management duties, and collecting genetic testing samples.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]
Free Court Specialist Job Description for Microsoft Word
Download this free court specialist job description as a Word document to help you find the next experienced individual to join your office