Employment Counsel Job Description Template
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for an Employment Counsel to provide professional advice and guidance with helping customers who request career advice, job searching assistance, or job placement.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advising executive, senior management, and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Managing the organization’s legal matters.
- Examining and creating draft agreements, such as employment and vendor agreements.
- Maintaining knowledge of the organization’s operations and legal documents.
- Conducting legal research and reviewing the company’s litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
- Liaising with outside counsel regarding their assignments.
- Creating new entities and managing an organization’s intellectual property.
- Juris Doctor from accredited, top-tier law school
- [insert number] years practice with an established law firm
- Proficient legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing, and M&A.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]