Intellectual Property Paralegal Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for an Intellectual Property Paralegal to help attorneys with research, preparation, analysis of documents, and interviewing clients and witnesses.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and managing [insert country] Patent and Trademark Office and foreign counsel correspondence.
- Tracking due dates via docketing systems and matter management and coordinating with attorneys and staff to meet all identified due dates.
- Overseeing the execution and legalization of documents for submission in intellectual property matters.
- Filing documentation with intellectual property offices.
- Proactively preparing client reporting and prosecution documents. Communicating with [insert country] Patent and Trademark Office, attorneys, foreign associates, staff, and clients regarding all aspects of patent prosecution.
- Reviewing outside counsel and other vendor invoices for accuracy and processing payment of the same.
- Assisting with due diligence and other intellectual property issues related to agreements or other transactional matters.
- Researching regulations and case law.
- Assisting with compliance with applicable laws, corporate governance policies, and supervisory procedures.
- Drafting, proofreading, and updating presentations, reports, and templates.
- Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating simple form contracts and correspondence.
- At least [insert number] years working with intellectual property and patent prosecution.
- A Paralegal Certification is desirable.
- Trademark prosecution experience is desirable, but not required.
- Strong attention to detail and experience managing an extensive patent prosecution docket.
- An exceptional client service focus.
- An ability to work independently and to prioritize and multi-task to complete projects effectively and efficiently.
- Outstanding communication (oral & written) and organization skills.
- Having the experience and flexibility to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]