International Lawyer Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for an International Lawyer Counsel to handle matters such as international disputes on international business, trade, or criminal issues.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to negotiate in a different international setting
- Ability to thoroughly research and also compose different case researches
- Manage different elements of the case
- You will be an integral part of the business teams you support, providing day-to-day legal counsel on a broad range of international commercial, regulatory, and public policy matters.
- In collaboration with lawyers around the world, you will develop innovative solutions to legal issues and regulatory challenges and help determine our strategies for building new businesses that operate in rapidly shifting and ambiguous areas of law.
- You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
- Occasional international travel may be required
- Should have [insert number] years of relevant experience gained in a litigation-focused firm; excellent academic background and technical, drafting and litigation skills.
- Should be familiar with coordinating multi-jurisdictional litigation as part of a cross-border approach to litigation.
- Track record of excellence in client service; high level of awareness concerning international issues; strong communication and organizational skills are required; ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure that deadlines are consistently met.
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing laws across multiple countries
- Experience helping companies expand internationally is a plus
- Foreign language skills are a plus
- Ability to write and communicate clearly for both legal and business audiences
- Excellent organizational skills and a proven ability to independently manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate international time zones
- Essentially the lawyer must have computer skills
- Should be able to handle accounting software and project management software
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]