Law Clerk Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Law Clerk to conduct research, compile case files, prepare legal documents and write reports for the individual lawyers at the firm.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage cases and claims under the guidance of a Senior Lawyer
- Meet with a diverse range of prospective clients from the beginning to the end of their claim
- Respond to client queries and manage expectations
- Draft correspondence using precedents under the supervision of a Lawyer;
- Co-ordinate claims documentation and liaise with funds to obtain information relevant to the claim; and
- Law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]