Law Professor Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Law Professor to teach and advise students, responsible for reviewing and choosing textbooks that the school will use for law courses.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, papers, and oral presentations.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate and/or graduate students on topics such as civil procedure, contracts, and torts.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Keep abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours in order to advise and assist students.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge, and publish findings in professional journals, books, and/or electronic media.
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula, and on career issues.
- Supervise undergraduate and/or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Perform administrative duties such as serving as department head.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Participate in student recruitment, registration, and placement activities.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Participate in campus and community events.
- Act as advisers to student organizations.
- Assign cases for students to hear and try.
- Provide professional consulting services to the government and/or industry.
- Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- A terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher learning with a minimum of [insert number] graduate credit hours in the academic field is preferred
- Extensive professional experience in a related field
- Minimum technology requirements must be met
- Previous experience teaching students at the university level
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]