Law School Admissions Officer Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Law School Admissions Officer who will be responsible for managing inquiries and making contact with prospective students via telephone or email and live chat in addition to conducting student interviews.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide counseling and overall customer service to prospective students at all stages in the admissions process via telephone, e-mail, and campus visits.
- Cultivate partnerships and pipeline relationships with other organizations and institutions, such as school districts and professional organizations.
- Assist in the research and development of contact lists for potential new marketing and recruitment channels, partnerships, and outreach.
- Maintain ongoing communication with applicants throughout the admissions process
- Coordinate monthly Open Houses with faculty and/or student/alumni presenters.
- Attend recruitment fairs, and applicable conventions and conferences.
- Create an annual directory of current student contacts and classes open for visitors, to be shared with prospective students.
- Coordinate the reading and interview processes and schedules with faculty and/or program directors as well as invite and host admissions finalists for an interview, and prepare the acceptance agreement packets.
- Manage and monitor deferred enrollments and wait-listed applicants.
- Distribute admissions statistic reports and lists to faculty and/or program directors.
- Perform other related tasks, duties, and responsibilities as required, assigned, or directed.
- Experience in admissions or enrollment management preferred.
- Ability to travel and work a varied schedule including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to load and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment.
- Ability to represent the office and University in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people and a commitment to diversity.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- Strong commitment to customer service and student focus.
- Valid Driver’s License required or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the university is required.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]