Legal Administrator Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Legal Administrator to navigate the legal claim handling landscape while conducting both administrative duties as well as hands-on management of resolving claims.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews files through our internal database; Reviews hard copies of court files.
- Communicates with court staff as necessary.
- Conducts research for case files in multiple jurisdictions.
- Assists attorneys with the prosecution of contested lawsuits.
- Ability to review dockets and the file to assist attorneys with moving the file forward towards resolution.
- Prepares pleadings, memoranda, and other legal filings.
- Travels to local courthouses for filing and retrieving of essential case documentation.
- Provides support for data entry tasks.
- Reviews hard copies of court files.
- Participates in other activities as assigned.
- At least [insert number] years of experience in administration and supporting contracts on a Legal team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to initiate appropriate actions and follow-up actions with minimal supervision
- Polished and effective negotiation, communication, and writing abilities
- Advanced knowledge of the practices, procedures, and processes involved in commercial contract administration
- Proficiency in using a contract management system a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and exercise sound business judgment
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]