Legal Consultant Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Legal Consultant to analyze laws and policies to make logical recommendations to the Federal Government and deliver best in class legal support.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gather and analyze information to assist in the planning, development, interpretation of government, agency, or industry policies and guidance.
- Identifies, researches and develops short and long-term policy priorities to assist in the formulation of strategic policy, government-wide policy guidance, and prioritization activities.
- Prepares written narrative and analytical reports, memoranda, summaries, policy, and research findings for review and approval. Briefs stakeholders on relevant issues through
- PowerPoint presentations, facilitated discussions, and full reports.
- Conducts research and statistical analysis of policy issues, emerging technology, and industry trends.
- Acts as a team member supporting the government-wide policy office.
- Provides facilitation and focus group discussions.
- Develops agendas, creates materials, tracks meeting notes/minutes, liaises with group members, assembles panels of experts, and provides administrative support.
- Engages in industry outreach to increase knowledge of trends in applicable areas including emerging technology, strategic government-wide policy, and good government initiatives.
- Analyzes existing policies, laws, agencies guidance regulations to identify policy gaps or inconsistencies, assess policy impact, and identify opportunities for improvement in issuing government-wide policies.
- Conducts a quantitative analysis of data available. Determines best practices and suggests policy changes based on findings.
- Develops and conducts survey research relating to agency/technology issues.
- Designs standard forms and procedural manuals, as well as related materials, to be utilized when collecting data (e.g. questionnaires, charts, and graphs) and/or providing briefing material. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in either Public Affairs/Public Policy,
- Economics/IT/Business, or Political Science/International Affairs
- [insert number] years experience in relevant field
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional research, analysis, and writing skills
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]