Legal Officer Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Legal Officer who will be responsible as a thought partner and collaborative visionary for shaping, managing, and driving litigation strategy.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advising on a wide range of legal matters, including regulatory, operational, and employment issues to support the firm’s growth and international business strategy.
- Managing the regulatory coverage for the firm’s global trading activities, liaising with regulators, exchanges, and trading counterparties in multiple regions.
- Supporting the team by advising on customer deals, including drafting templates and customized agreements on an ad-hoc basis.
- Working closely with the team in customer on-boarding, providing guidance on securities law and regulations.
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements, ensuring compliance with jurisdictional labor laws and regulations.
- Providing legal counsel around matters of intellectual property, software licenses, and operational policies and procedures.
- Liaising with external legal counsel to obtain guidance and reach a resolution on highly specialized legal matters.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- [insert number] years Post Qualification Experience at a major law firm or an in-house legal department in the financial services industry is required
- Understanding of securities and derivatives law, with experience drafting and negotiating options-based agreements
- Experience with a variety of asset classes markets experience a plus
- Strong commercial awareness with good negotiation and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism to interact well with internal and external stakeholders
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]