Mediator Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Mediator to facilitate negotiation and settlement between disputing parties by providing direction and encouragement, working collaboratively with them to find creative ways to reach a mutually satisfying solution, typically a compromise.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating communication between two opposing parties in a dispute to help guide them to a mutual agreement
- Holding introductory meetings with disputing parties to educate them about the arbitration process
- Interviewing witnesses, disputing parties, and other parties and examining documents as needed to get information about the dispute at hand
- Handling procedural matters in an ADR, including time requirements and witnesses needed
- Admitted to the practice of law in [insert required location].
- Excellent legal writing and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated interest in and sensitivity to the legal needs of the poor as well as motivation to improve the condition of the poor.
- Personal characteristics include professional attitude, excellent persuasive and interpersonal skills, use of diplomacy, and tact.
- Strong working knowledge of legal research tools and Microsoft Office; and high comfort learning and using other software or technology utilized by the firm.
- The ability to speak [insert required second language] is highly desirable.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]