Mortgage Attorney Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful mortgage lender.
We’re looking for a Mortgage Attorney to work with [insert market segment type] to educate, originate reverse mortgages, and participate in related business development activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with SVP and General Counsel, mortgage banking regulatory and compliance team, and various business units to ensure the corporate policies and procedures are accurate, current, and in compliance with the myriad federal, state, and local lending laws affecting the company’s mortgage banking operations
- Conduct online legal research
- Review and update policies, procedures, and documents as laws change
- Assist with special projects and other aspects of regulatory compliance
- Provide legal review, advice, and negotiations in connection with corporate transactional matters including material contracts of the Company
- Work closely with SVP of Human Resources on employment-related matters
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
- A J.D. and a minimum of [insert number] years of legal experience.
- Membership in the state bar (in good standing) or eligibility to register as Registered In-House Counsel.
- Knowledge of and experience applying statutory frameworks and mortgage industry guidelines.
- Experience with data security and data-sharing between affiliates.
- Experience with mortgage company and loan officer licensing.
- Experience with or interest in the real estate and consumer finance industries. We’re passionate about our mission to transform the home buying, selling, and financing experience.
- Experience with and enthusiasm for using technology to enhance lender operations and the borrower experience
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]
Free Mortgage Attorney Job Description for Microsoft Word
Download this free mortgage attorney job description as a Word document to help you seek a qualified individual to become part of your dynamic team