Patent Attorney Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Patent Attorney to interact with the business and technology teams to secure IP protection for the Company’s inventions
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with engineering teams to identify protectable aspects of their innovations.
- Evaluate relevant parameters and determine whether or not to file patent applications.
- Work with outside counsel on the preparation, filing, and prosecution of local and foreign patents.
- Work with other members of the Company’s legal team and provide counselling on IP issues.
- Work with IP colleagues to coordinate the global protection of inventions.
- Analyze and advise on various IP legal issues such as the likelihood of infringement, third-party intellectual property rights, and competitive landscape.
- Devise patent filing and strategy, idea harvesting, management of patent application preparation, and prosecution.
- Assist with potential patent acquisitions, licensing, litigation, and other IP related issues.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- Registered to practice before the [insert patent and trademark membership requirement].
- [insert number] years of legal experience in patent prosecution.
- Degree in [insert specific engineering or sciences degree].
- Have personally prepared and prosecuted at least [insert number] patent applications.
- Excellent legal research, writing, and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and business trends.
- Experience with an application processor and modem architecture.
- Experience with artificial intelligence/deep learning.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]