Patent Counsel Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Patent Counsel to provide opinions and recommendations on the patentability of various pending patent applications and provide litigation support under the supervision of senior attorneys and assist in developing strategies to commercially leverage clients’ technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Honing your practice by following legal and practical developments in intellectual property law and our clients’ industries.
- Conferring with inventors about their inventions.
- Counseling clients on strategies for how to protect their inventions.
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications.
- Defending our clients’ patents against third-party challenges.
- Helping our clients when third parties have misappropriated their intellectual property.
- [insert number] years of patent preparation/ prosecution practice.
- A J.D. from a top-tier law school with an excellent academic record.
- Admission to practice before the USPTO and either the [insert state bar] bar association.
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, a healthy imagination for problem-solving, and a desire to pitch-in and help.
- A strong drive and willingness to own projects and see them to completion.
- A practical understanding of how a patent makes a real-world difference and what it takes to obtain that patent.
- Exposure to other legal skills like litigation and transactions will certainly help a candidate.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]
Free Patent Counsel Job Description for Microsoft Word
Download this free patent counsel job description as a Word document to help you find a qualified new member for your successful firm