State Attorney Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a State Attorney to prosecute criminal and civil cases for the people of [insert location].
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administer all prosecution cases for a felony, misdemeanor, juvenile delinquency, conservation, and other types of cases.
- Prepare felony cases for prosecution and prepare appropriate reports and criminal charge sheets submitted by police and schedule trials of such cases in the court of law.
- Develop trial strategy, conduct plea negotiations, and align cases with appropriate sections of the law, and perform research to ensure criminals conviction as per law.
- Perform witness interviews to validate case supporting facts for trial and attend pre-trial hearings and respond or file pre-trial motions to substantiate prosecution charges.
- Prepare legal documents and reports and assist in various courts proceeding during trials of each case to ensure criminals for appropriate fines.
- Manage all communication with stakeholders and inform of statuses such as police officials, defense attorneys, and victims.
- Prepare and respond to post-trial motions and appear in court at sentencing hearings.
- Participate in all legal functions related to child abuse and neglect prosecution, illegal drug use, violent crimes, and similar types of cases.
- Manage and file juvenile cases in juvenile court and provide the necessary support for protective custody.
- Must be a member in good standing of The [insert state] Bar
[insert number] years’ experience in Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Administration
- LLM in taxation or estate planning is preferred
- Strong research and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience managing a full caseload
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]