Tax Counsel Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Tax Counsel to assist its tax, corporate, and estate planning practices.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in projects in the various areas of the Firm’s Tax Controversy Section
- Represent individual and company clients in tax and business matters, including the review and analysis of complex tax matters.
- Interface with IRS agents, Appeals Officers, and government attorneys at IRS Counsel and DOJ Tax Division.
- Build relationships with existing clients, including involvement in networking and business development activities.
- 4 to 6 years of tax controversy experience in a law firm environment
- LL.M. in Tax strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience with a tax controversy, disputes, litigation, audits, appeals (practical experience with tax disputes)
- Experience with federal income and estate/gift tax issues
- Strong academic and employment credentials
- Member of the state bar is a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form with strong attention to detail
- Strong, proven writing skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, as well as within a team environment involving extensive collaboration with other attorneys, paralegals, and office staff
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]