Trademark Attorney Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Trademark Attorney to provide expert legal advice on the usage, protection and enforcement of trademarks, i.e. the names, symbols, images, logos, and special characters that are used to identify companies and their products and services.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing trademark portfolios, trademark clearance, [insert country[ and foreign trademark prosecution, and [insert country] and foreign contentious matters. This includes multi-jurisdictional filing programs, constant communication with clients and foreign counsel concerning clearance, filing instructions, office actions, potential conflicts, and similar prosecution matters.
- Utilize appropriate computer software applications proficiently to conduct and analyze preliminary searches, including on-line investigations, and assist with comprehensive searches.
- Assist with infringement and clearance investigations.
- Handle all aspects of [insert country] trademark prosecution.
- Prepare Assignments of trademark registrations and applications and file the same with
- [insert country] PTO and foreign offices.
- Quickly get up to speed on department processes and needs, as well as take initiative to
- follow-up and take necessary action.
- At least [insert number] years of trademark-specific work experience
- Must be a member of the [insert state] Bar or be eligible to waive-in
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Knowledge of trademark search software
- Knowledge of international IP legal databases
- Knowledge of docketing software
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school
- Admission and in good standing with the [insert state] Bar
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Excellent academic credentials
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]