Transactional Paralegal Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Transactional Paralegal to work on matters that involve negotiation of deals between parties (such as mergers between companies, financing agreements, and sales of divisions of companies).
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare documents and assist in transactions that involve individuals or businesses.
- Draft contracts used in in-state and out-of-state deals
- Prepares the documents and submits them to the necessary state office or government agency on behalf of clients
- Perform or help a client perform due diligence in the preparation of an offer in the deal.
- Helping lawyers perform closing services
- Prepare binders of materials for lawyers or clients and complete basic accounting and billing tasks in a small office
- Facilitate contractual workflow: manage the intake of contract requests, track contract negotiation and execution, and file completed contracts
- At least [insert number] years of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department with strong experience in commercial contracts
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic record and certificate of completion from a paralegal training program
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; capable of responding to all requests in a timely and professional manner
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously through effective prioritization
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to complete detailed research projects; strong knowledge of research resources and electronic research databases is a plus
- Proficient skills in the Microsoft product line including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]