Trial Attorney Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Trial Attorney to work in our [insert location] Legal office. This role offers you the ability to strategize cases, exercise business judgment soundly, and operate with a sense of urgency. If you are suitably experienced and ready to quickly assume responsibilities, this opportunity may be for you.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handles legal work on assigned cases Aggressively pursues files referred to Staff Counsel by the Claims Department.
- Creates and maintains a documented strategy for case handling in each assigned case to include a synopsis of the intangible factors, i.e. the judge, plaintiff attorney, aggravating factors, etc.
- Develops, organizes and maintains document files consisting of pleadings, briefs, and memorandums.
- Prepares and submits timely status reports to claims handlers on all significant activities as they occur, but at no greater than 60-day intervals.
- Ensures that all files are properly documented and organized.
- Provides prompt and timely responses to all telephone calls and correspondence.
- Utilizes and/or ensures the use of case management software for maintaining notes, diary, calendar, billing, etc., on cases assigned to Staff Counsel and in accordance with established Company operating guidelines, procedures, and legal and ethical requirements/guidelines.
- The desire to by a trial lawyer representing [insert type of clients] clients through all phases of litigation
- Aggressively litigate cases for maximum settlements and verdicts
- Take and defend depositions
- Attend mediations, hearings, and trials consistently
- Maintain heavy communication with clients and opposing counsel
- Negotiate settlements
- Meet monthly established goals and metrics
- Ability to handle a high-volume caseload
- Strong communication skills and the ability to speak to juries
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]