Entertainment Attorney Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for an Entertainment Attorney to work on behalf of their clients, securing talent releases, advise their clients on jobs and contracts, and negotiate fee arrangements.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help their clients to understand legal agreements, ensuring that the terms are in their clients’ best interests. They work with Recording Groups, Record Producers, Songwriters,
- Music Publishers, Record Label Executives, Music Producers, and Composers.
- They negotiate recording, merchandising, touring and publishing contracts, as well as
- Producer agreements.
- Providing service to the entertainment sector and dealing with the areas of entertainment law that may overlap with intellectual property law forms an essential part of his/her duty.
- The attorney may work in the different areas of entertainment field such as film, music, television, radio, theater, multimedia, publishing, visual arts and design, and defamation.
- Managing all aspects of legal clearances for live-action entertainment releases as well as advising marketing and creative personnel.
- May negotiate licensing of music, talent and contract terms and may oversee trademark and title clearance requests from the brand through corporate legal.
- Reviews and administers promotion and distribution agreements to ensure legal compliance with their terms.
- Reviews and approves DVD bonus materials which may include music, talent, third party rights issues, VHS and DVD wraps, labels, rebates, publicity copy of TV spots and trailers.
- Play the role of mediators for bands and managers
- Work with the corporate side of entertainment transactions, including motion picture studios, television networks, film and television distribution companies, and Internet and digital media companies.
- The attorney must be a holder of a J.D. degree with a license to practice law in the particular State Bar.
- Knowledge of securities, employment, immigration, insurance, and intellectual property laws becomes a necessity to succeed.
- Sometimes attorneys have to go to court to litigate on behalf of their client and hence a knowledge of multiple levels of representation from copyright to royalties is required.
- Must have an ABA-approved law school and be an active member in good standing of the Bar.
- Must have [insert number] years of experience in entertainment law to help draft content and develop online legal products, tools, and solutions for attorneys.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]