Labor And Employment Attorney Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Labor And Employment Attorney to represent the company in legal matters involving the workplace, working closely with Human Resources to provide guidance and counsel to all business units regarding employment matters.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Investigate highly sensitive employee relations issues and regulatory; investigations related to employment matters.
- Partner with human resources to advise and assist business units with restructurings, redundancies and layoffs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support and maintain compliance with all relevant laws as it relates to company handbooks, global policies and procedures, and affirmative action plans.
- Provide employment-related support on transactional matters including contract drafting and negotiation, acquisition-related advice, and review of compensation and benefits plans.
- Analyze casework trends to produce strategic, proactive recommendations to HR and the business to proactively address and mitigate risk.
- Proactively monitor employment laws and provide and advise of developments that may affect the company.
- Represents the company in contract negotiations, mediations, and settlement meetings.
- Preferred applicants will be individuals with experience to assist with all matters both domestically and internationally.
- In conjunction with the training and human resources department, develop and teach human resources legal training curriculum.
- Assist human resources in reviewing and implementing human resources compliance training programs such as sexual harassment and wage and hour.
- Minimum [insert number] years’ of legal assistant experience within the insurance industry preferably focusing on litigation.
- Knowledge of insurance claims and risk management claims handling and procedures.
- Associate’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strict compliance with required confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and prioritization skills.
- Ability to use judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to quickly assimilate oral and written data, analyze facts, and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to maintain records, and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent telephone, writing, and proofreading skills.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong technology and computer skills including PowerPoint, word processing and spreadsheet software, e-mail and database software programs; Ability to perform legal research.
- A high level of proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of legal terminology, legal forms and documents, legal practices and procedures, litigation, and legal calendaring highly desired.
- Strong initiative and the ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion with regard to reporting functions.
- Strong analytical ability.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]