Law Assistant Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Law Assistant to assist with all phases of case management and handle a variety of cases. The right employee must be friendly, dependable, organized, and detail-oriented, must be good with clients, a self-starter, and can work as a team. Knowledge of calendars, civil rules of procedure, and office management software is helpful. Prior litigation assistant experience is helpful, but not necessary.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files, monitoring calendars, meeting deadlines; documenting actions and client communication; inputting information into file databases, and confirming case status with attorneys.
- Maintaining contact with people involved in the case and clients, scheduling meetings, preparing and forwarding legal documents, preparing and filing requests, generating status reports.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact and communicating case progress.
- Helping with case preparation by preparing case materials for trial.
- Answering phones and emails promptly.
- Provide administrative support to attorneys and paralegals to enhance office effectiveness.
- All other tasks as assigned by attorneys and/or directors.
- Experience in admin/support roles
- Excellent client service skills as you’ll be engaging with a diverse range of people from different backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Super eye for detail
- A multi-tasker who can handle several task at once
- A team player with the ability to work independently
- Enviable organisation skills
- Skills using Microsoft Office
- And finally, we’re looking for someone who genuinely cares about, and wants to help people
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]