Legal Director Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Legal Director to provide leadership for the organization’s legal team who will have overall responsibility for the Legal Team’s efforts, providing strategic direction and supervision. The Legal Director will work with legal staff, consultants, and partners/grantees to develop and implement legal strategies as an integrated part of overall advocacy strategies for policy change.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Filing amicus briefs and seeking oral argument in cases with significant impact on membership, either in-house or in association with pro bono counsel.
- Drafting legislation and position papers, and providing testimony before local, state, and federal legislatures.
- Providing mentorship and counsel to less-experienced member-litigators.
- Potentially engaging in affirmative impact litigation with members and pro bono counsel.
- Developing practices for the co-counseling of members on important appeals.
- A minimum of [insert number] years of relevant legal, legislative, and litigation experience working on public health or broader development issues on a global basis
- Proven track record and a minimum of [insert number] years of experience managing multi-faceted and complex projects related to policy change in global health
- Ability to lead teams, mentor staff, solve problems, balance competing priorities, and provide strategic direction.
- Experience in the legal analysis of public health issues, particularly in the area of nutrition and non-communicable diseases, a plus.
- Experience in related areas such as consumer protection, corporate accountability, human rights, and transparency in government also a plus.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and in working with peoples from diverse cultures and countries; strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Juris Doctor Degree (or equivalent) or LL.M required.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]
Free Legal Director Job Description for Microsoft Word
Download this free legal director job description as a Word document to help you seek an experienced candidate to join your firm