Legal Researcher Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Legal Researcher to undertake in-depth research into various aspects of the law and prepare data, articles, documents, cases and more for the firms lawyers.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking in-depth research into any aspect of the law in support of the law firm and its individual lawyers
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, legal articles, codes, and documents
- Investigate facts and the applicable laws and jurisprudence that may influence the firm’s lawyers process to frame their respective argument/s for trial and to determine the cause/s of actions in preparation for the trial
- Draft and prepare legal briefs for the various accounts that the firm handles
- Prepare case status reports using MS Word
- Draft and prepares pleadings and other legal documents such as petitions, motions, complaints, appeals, affidavits, letters, among others
- Prepare correspondences, documents, and other relevant files necessary
- Make calls to courts and/or government agencies/offices with which the firm has pending and active cases to follow up the status of the case
- J.D. and current admission to Bar of any state
- Expertise in [Insert specialty] law preferred.
- Fluency in [insert language] language spoken and written.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture, and a hierarchical team structure, with regular pivots and changes.
- Strong self-care skills and resilience practices when engaging with challenging and triggering content.
- Strong strategic, creative, and innovative thinking.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]
Free Legal Researcher Job Description for Microsoft Word
Download this free legal researcher job description as a Word document to help you hire a successful researcher to join your dynamic firm