Litigation Lawyer Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Litigation Lawyer to represent and protect client’s interests when there is a dispute, whether it is a commercial, civil or criminal matter.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting thorough investigations into client matters, including performing legal research and analysis and sourcing expert opinion.
- Drafting and filing pleadings with the appropriate bodies
- Conducting thorough discovery and forming a position on the case. Drafting solid discovery requests, responding to discovery requests and controlling the flow of information regarding the case.
- Attend mediation hearings and settlement conferences, when appropriate
- Assist Barristers and other team members at trial
- Support a highly successful and growing claims team
- Additional duties may be assigned
- At least [Insert number] of years experience in litigation, advantageous would be experience in [Insert type of litigation]
- Outstanding research and advisory skills
- Outstanding drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to think outside laterally
- Excellent client management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a committed team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Drive, ambition, energy
- Ability to supervise more junior members of the team
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]