Litigation Support Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Litigation Support to assist attorneys with complex lawsuits. They may build and maintain databases, review documents, retrieve records, and develop trial presentation materials.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement databases for managing, sorting, indexing, abstracting, and coordinating the large volumes of data produced in major litigation.
- Develop data management strategies, assist with technology in the courtroom, provide user support and training on both off-the-shelf and proprietary software, and coordinate with technology vendors.
- Perform traditional paralegal tasks while assuming information technology roles.
- Consulting and advising case teams on best practices for the preparation of documents and how to best use litigation support technologies to support projects.
- Coordinating the conversion, processing, loading, and exporting of data and images to and from litigation systems.
- Conducting complex database searches, facilitating document review sessions with attorneys, and coordinating productions to external parties.
- Training attorneys, paralegals, and other personnel on litigation support applications
- Responsible for the day-to-day litigation support needs of assigned cases and projects. The analyst builds, maintains, and troubleshoots databases for large, complex litigation in which the documents and data are too vast to sort and analyze manually.
- Responsible for supporting attorneys and investigators by utilizing current litigation support techniques, software, and equipment to provide complex legal support and technical assistance
- Solid familiarity with document management systems and trial presentation software, hardware, and graphics applications are critical to success as litigation support professionals.
- They must also have strong communication skills because their work involves a great deal of interaction with attorneys, staff, and vendors.
- Requires exceptional organizational abilities, critical thinking skills, and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to perform quality control analysis and report any issues with the data.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Customer-focused, congenial, professional attitude for working on-site with government clients.
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]