Patent Paralegal Job Description
[Insert company name here] is an established and successful law firm specializing in [insert key areas of focus here]
We’re looking for a Patent Paralegal to support the Legal team with respect to all aspects of its intellectual property practice, including the coordination of patent and trademark filings and maintenance, management of intellectual property records and budgets, correspondence, policies, and other intellectual property-related transactions.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with the USPTO, attorneys, liaisons, foreign associates, and staff.
- Extracting relevant IP information from official USPTO databases and correspondence.
- Generating docket reports, performing IP docketing, and tracking deadlines.
- Entering new U.S. Provisional, Continuation, Utility, Design, CIP, Opposition, Divisional, and re-examination files into databases.
- Assisting attorneys with patent filing by resolving discrepancies, errors, and omissions.
- Maintaining IP records and reviewing files.
- Reporting to Senior Intellectual Property (IP) Attorneys.
- Performing IP research on public and private databases.
- Processing incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- [insert number] years of experience as an intellectual property paralegal or docketing professional in a law firm or corporate setting.
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or Paralegal certificate, is preferred
- Experience with docketing system use and management
- Working knowledge of PCT and non-US patent filing practices
What you’ll get in return
The firm offers a generous benefits package along with compensation based on experience level and client orientation.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance plan
- Vision insurance plan
- Contribution to life insurance plan
- 401k profit sharing
- Parking reimbursement
- Social, charity, and wellness events
To apply for the role or have a confidential discussion, contact us on [insert recruiter email address] or [insert recruiter phone number]